httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morten <li...@kikobu.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Making a robust DAV server deployment in an MS world
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:21:35 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently planning the setup of an Apache2 WebDAV server. I will be
running multiple projects, ie. have folders like:

/dav/project01/
/dav/project02/

There will be authentication and authorization so project01 members
cannot see project02 files and so on. All access will be via https.

I'm a bit insecure if mod_dav (or DAV in general) is robust enough,
particularly after reading the following in the SVN book:

--
Please note that Windows XP without the servicepack 1 will lead to bogus
network data and could therefore corrupt your repository!

Is there any way I can control/limit what DAV clients get used? I know
that this is not a mod_dav issue per se, but I cannot use a solution
where a bad client in project01 takes down the entire DAV repository.
What do you guys do with respect to the broken MS clients? (I'm also
thinking other issues like those adressed in mod_auth_msfix)

Any insight (and caveats) much appreciated.

Thanks,

Morten