httpd-users mailing list archives

From User X <fascistad...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] enable-rule=SHARED_CORE only allows 256 MaxClients?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:45:04 GMT
Hello all,

I'm re-compiling apache 1.3.x (have tried both 1.3.27 and 1.3.33) on
Solaris 8 (on SPARC) for an environment that needs to increase its
MaxClients to >256. These are the options compiled into the existing
installation:

./configure --prefix=/opt/local/apache1.3.27 \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \
--activate-module=src/modules/ldap/mod_auth_ldap.c \
--enable-module=ssl \
--enable-shared=ssl

I've changed the src/httpd.h "HARD_SERVER_LIMIT" from 256 to 2048.
Whenever I compile with the --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE option, the
MaxClients is limited to 256. If I omit that one option and compile
with (or without) any of the other options, the server compiles fine
and the MaxClients is set to 2048, as I intended.

I've been googling like mad and can't seem to find the reason that
this option requires the lower MaxClients setting. I'm getting ready
to test the binary without the
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE option, but I really want to preserve the
current build as much as possible. Anyone have any ideas what I might
be missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Dave