httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harald Falkenberg <harald.falkenb...@desy.de>
Subject [users@httpd] mmap entry in syslog - solaris 8
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:31:17 GMT
Hallo,

from time to time a see the following entry in our messages file:
Dec  6 08:57:13 host  libhttpd.ep[18054]: [ID 401707 user.error]
open_module: /usr/lib/security/pam_afs.so.1 failed: ld.so.1:
/home/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: /dev/zero: mmap anon failed: Not enough
space

We use:
apache 1.3.33
solaris 8
4 Gb ram

Although the machine is not swapping and top shows enough free mem, the
httpd server has somehow problems to use that module.

We do not see this message, when the server process will be started. We
see this entry in message file, while the server is running and working.

What is the server doing, that he requires to load again the so-libs?

Any hints are welcome!

Bye
	Harald