httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alec Cove" <a...@cove.org>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL with apache and tomcat
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:50:41 GMT
Hello,

My server is setup with the following

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3
mod_jk 1.2
Apache 2.0.46
Tomcat 4.1.30

I have static files on apache and jsp's on tomcat. The
application on tomcat is an administration tool. Currently
all *.jsp files are passed to tomcat from the virtual host
container in httpd.conf:

JkMount /*.jsp wrkr. wrkr is defined in workers.properties
in tomcat conf/jk

all the .jsp files in my /admin directory are password
protected by security-constraint/login-config in my webapps
web.xml file and tomcat-users.xml. This all works fine.

However I would like the /admin directory on tomcat to be
protected with SSL. I have already set up SSL on tomcat, but
I still need a way to pass the SSL request from apache to
tomcat. I've been all around the docs and google, but
couldnt find a definitive set of steps on how to do this
(successfully). Could really use some help.

TIA