httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache not receiving port 80 traffic - Linux, Netgear
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:14:35 GMT

Despite what your ISP tells you, this looks exactly like an ISP blocking
you from running a webserver on port 80 (ie, a "real" website).

Do you have a machine on the internet? Can you :

$ telnet your-ip 80
	do you see the server?
	do you see any traffic on the outside of the router?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I've tried MTU size adjustments - 1492, 1436, and the default
> 1500 - but
> since it works on port 8000 - this probably isn't the problem.
>
> I've looked at my iptables - whether its 'on' or not doesn't
> matter - it
> still won't function on port 80 from outside.  When 'on' I do
> see the ALLOW
> rule to allow port 80 traffic through.
>
> -jim

views of the sender's company.