httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SEARCH vs. GET vx. POST
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:01:29 GMT

Allowed methods are defined in the spec (hint, hint..)If you check out
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Methods.html for example, you'll see
that the SEARCH method is only proposed. So there's no requirement for
the server to service such a request. Your apache responds with 414 (URI
too long) presumably because the URI is too long. If it were shorter,
you'd get a 501 Method not implemented.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Once again, thanks in advance!