httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Plantier, Spencer" <spencer.plant...@stratech.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] starting httpd
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:28:04 GMT
I am installing on Sun Solaris 9

/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so -> libssl.so.0

Thanks,

Spencer
-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Barrera A. [mailto:Bruce@Ivn.cl]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:24 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] starting httpd

Could be, as Boyle said, that you're running on a shell, without access
to that lib.
Other possible explanations, are, that you dont have libssl 0.9.6, and
just have another old or new lib.
If it is new, you can just make a symlink to the lib (ln -sf
libssl.so.0.9.7 libssl.so.0.9.6), although this is ugly, it works on
most cases.
If you are using redhat, fedora, or another rpm systems, you can simply
just install openssl096-0.9.6-24.i386.rpm or similar, available for
redhat and fedora systems.

If you need more help, let us know more about the system you are trying
to install apache, and which ssl lib you have installed
(/usr/lib/libssl* usually)