httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jari Mäkeläinen" <jarm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication problem with Firefox
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:25:53 GMT
>firefox might do more than one request, for example try to load additional
>css files or images from the protected area. have a look at the errorlog
>and at the accesslog. when opening the page, what files does firefox
>request?
>ralf

It seems it tried to request the dreaded favicon.ico and it did seem to
request if from the document root of course. I did a rewrite rule to point
the favicon.ico to the subdirectory and it did the trick and Firefox no
longer prompts password. Thanks for your help. Next time I check the logs
more carefully.
-jari