httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jari Mäkeläinen" <jarm...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication problem with Firefox
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:26:59 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.51 on Fedora Core 2. I have setup a virtual host
having the document root </blah> and within the virtual host container I
have the directory container for document root directory setup as
<Directory /blah>
AuthName "blaharea"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /path/to/it
AuthGroupFile /path/to/it
Require group groupwithaccess
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>
Then I have for subdirectory /blah/open the following directory container
after the /blah container:
<Directory /blah/open>
Satisfy Any
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

Now if I have understood correctly that should override the authentication
need for /blah/open directory?
In IE and Mozilla there's no password prompt presented when accessing a page
in /blah/open and the page is shown as it should. In Firefox 1.0 however a
password prompt for AuthRealm "/blaharea" pops up but also the page is
shown. So I can cancel the box away and the page works. Does anybody have
any idea why this happens with Firefox and how could I prevent the box from
popping up? Moving the page to different location is not an option this
time.

All help much appreciated.

-Jari Mäkeläinen
jarmake@hotmail.com