httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PINNI, BALANAND \(SBCSI\)" <bp3...@sbc.com>
Subject [users@httpd]
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:17:21 GMT
All-

Its urgent , recently we had modifications of html pages on http side
that is serving pages.
It was found that on Monday morning it was serving old pages from Client
laptop with code 304 access code with zero bytes returned. This means
that HTTP Server that received header from client has not interpreted
properly I guess. So, it asks the client to look into its local disk
browser cache.

I am perplexed is that for some clients it sends updated html but for
some it send back 304 code asking clients to look into its local cache.
Please help me if I am missing something or something needs to be done
on Client side? As per Clients settings on browsers on their end are
same. I don't see any errors in error log too.

Please help me in this crisis!!!!1

Expiration setting on HTTP are as follows:
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 24 hours"
ExpiresDefault A86400

Balanand Pinni