httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PINNI, BALANAND \(SBCSI\)" <bp3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Traffic Configuration: Memory Usage, Threads Etc
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:36:01 GMT
David can you please tell me what are your parameter settings alike

ServerLimit
StartServers
MaxClients
#MinSpareThreads
#MaxSpareThreads
ThreadsPerChild
MaxRequestsPerChild

Thanks
Balanand Pinni

     Perf Monitoring
-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Glauberman [mailto:rglauberman@michaeli-gymnasium.de]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 2:30 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Traffic Configuration: Memory Usage,
Threads Etc

find you http executable, then cd to its directory.
do a ./httpd -l (this is a lowercase L)
on my system the output looks like
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_so.c
as you can see, i'm using prefork. for the other questions use
ps -aux and have a look at the httpd-processes, you can see the
cpu-/mem-load. perhaps you should also try apachebench to see how much
load
your server can handle.
ralf