httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Vikas.Lakkashe...@iflexsolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Hi Guys ....a unique problem ...can u solve it
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:47:16 GMT
Hi guys this is Vikas here. Am facing a rather weird problem described
as below.

We are having an apache server which fronts a weblogic server. We have
functionality as download to CSV which opens a jsp page which has the
following code.

response.setContentType( "text/csv" );

String fileName = "scenarioDiff.csv";

response.setHeader( "Content-Disposition", "inline;
filename=\""+fileName+"\"" );

Now when this functionality is called without apache it works fine. But
when apache fronts it then the I.E is unable to recognize the type of
the file and asks to select a program to open with when trying to
download.

One thing I could figure out ..When the mod_deflate i.e compression is
enabled then it the problem starts and when it is disabled then it works
fine.

If any of you guys have faced this problem then do let me know he
solution to the same..

Regards

Vikas...

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named.If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print,
copy or deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.E-mail transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive
late or incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.