httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Manigault" <man...@dunncenter.org>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI questions
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:31:49 GMT
I am having a hell of a time with my CGI scripts.  Here is what I have.
I have read everything I can find on

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: classifieds.cgi

I have run the perl -c on script and it passed.  I checked the location
of perl  # !/usr/bin/perl.  Probably everything else you can think of
right off the bat.  I even setup the following simple script to test
with.

#!/usr/bin/perl
#===============================
# Testing CGI script installation
# Copyright 1999-2001, Emmie P. Lewis
# Created 07/24/99
#===============================
# This script is designed to test
# CGI script installation
#===============================

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "Yippee! It works!";

I have run the above script from the command prompt using the root
userid and pw and it ran. I have not been able to get it to work from
the browser.

This script will not even work.  In all the reading I have been doing
today I came across something that I think might be in the right
direction.  Could it be that the userid and group used to run Apache is
not at a high enough level to run any cgi scripts.  That is a thought.
If you have any other suggestions by all means please let me know.
Thanks.

Gary Manigault
Sr. Systems Analyst
765.983.8146