httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Manigault" <man...@dunncenter.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI questions
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:13:55 GMT
No it was run from within a web app. I solved the problem.  It was simple but hard to figure
out.

I installed a simple cgi script to test with called test.cgi.

#!/usr/bin/perl

#===============================
# Testing CGI script installation
# Copyright 1999-2001, Emmie P. Lewis
# Created 07/24/99
#===============================
# This script is designed to test
# CGI script installation

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

print "Yippee! It works!";

When this didn't work and with all the searching on google I ran across the following.  They
said to do a chmod a+x test.cgi.  Once I looked at the properties of it compared to the rest
it was easy to get them to work.  Did learn a lot about testing cgi scripts.  The main thing
was giving them a permissions level of 755.  The fixed it.  Hopefully this will help the next
person.

Gary Manigault