httpd-users mailing list archives

From GCotgre...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] Follow on ->start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:06:57 GMT
I've scanned my machine for adware, tried ports left right and centre  and
configured my McAfee fire wall; on/off/applications allowed and  not/addresses
allowed and not. I've even installed Micrrosoft Loopback adaptor.  Tried
running while connected and without connection to my ISP.

Then all of a sudden Apache started in the console.

But then I tried to repeat the exercise to no avail. Around 1 in 15  attempts
are successful, why does it sometimes bind and listen and other times  not?

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache
[Sun Dec 19 00:55:10  2004] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API
(OS 10022)An invalid  argument was supplied.  : make_sock: unable to listen
for c
onnections  on address 127.0.0.1:8080
no listening sockets available, shutting  down
Unable to open logs

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache
[Sun Dec 19 00:55:11  2004] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API
{
  (it is actually running here......!)
}

With thanks to The Disguised Jedi