httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Disguised Jedi <disguised.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:55:58 GMT
> PHP is not enabled yet. I thought I'd just try and get apache to display a
> home page first.
> The tray icon is there but show  no services running.

ServerRoot should be set to "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
not "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/" for one thing.
httpd.conf looks good, i'm thinking there is another thing blocking
port 8080.  try using another port, and make sure any firewalls are
off.  also, check for spyware with a spyware scanner, something
unwanted like spyware or a virus could be using that port.

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

PHP rocks!