httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help, please, configuring httpd to allow downloads
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:56:15 GMT
> cnelson@nycap.rr.com wrote:
>
> >>does your cgi-skript work as it should?
> >
> >My CGI is a compiled C program that does:
> >
> >  int main()
> >  {
> >    printf("Content-Type: application/octet-stream\n");
> >    printf("foo bar baz\n");
> >    exit (0);
> >  }
>

> that cgi should be:
>
> printf("Content-Type: application/octet-stream\n\n");

Progress!  Thank you.  That works.  At least in as far as clicking the button in my web page
displays the browser's "What do you want me to do with an octet-stream" dialog and lets me
save it to a file.  A fine start.

However, it saves it with the name of the CGI. I'd really like to transfer thefile.tgz on
the server to a file of the same name on the browser's system.