httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric ...@kwinternet.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] distributed architecture
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:02:07 GMT
At 06:53 AM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
>hi...
>
>i'm contemplating a project where a number of websites would communicate
>with each other via some network of round robin/distributed servers. Each
>'client' website/app would be considered to be a 'node' of the overall
>network, and be able to upload/download information to the network. The
>master servers would maintain the information, such that if a request for
>information came from one of the 'client' sites, the master server would
>shove the information back to the client for display.
>
>the overall goal of the project would be a way of allowing a client site
>to 'share/exchange' information with other client sites within the
>network, and to allow the content of a given client site to be influenced
>by the content of other sites within the network...

What I don't understand is what exactly the purpose of this. You don't go
into much detail about why these sites want to be able to modify each
other's content. Who is doing the modifications and why?
After that the how should become a lot more clear. Are you just talking
about doing something like p2p but only within a limited network?