httpd-users mailing list archives

From jdyke <jd...@azimapower.com>
Subject [users@httpd] best way to redirect incoming traffic
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:33:08 GMT
I'm in a location where an external vendor manages a VPN/Firewall and currently
we have non standard ports open to gain access to certian internal sites.  The
desire is close those ports and have everything come through port 80 or 443 and
get redirected once inside, based on site name.

site.com runs on 80 and NATs to a windows box (in place now)
a.site.com runs on 80 and NATs to a FreeBSD host
b.site.com runs on 80 and NATs to a linux host
c.site.com runs on 80 and NATs to a linux host

currently the last three will run as site.com:80XX and i'd like to close those down.

Looking for some suggestions on the best way to accomplish this.

Was thinking of:
mod_rewrite to send traffic to the right place, or using ipfw/iptables to route
traffic once inside...

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff