httpd-users mailing list archives

From colin_e <coli...@bigfoot.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:23:02 GMT
Re;

>> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
>> I do have McAfee security products installed  version 5.0.5.7 Firewall and
>> 4.4.00 virusscan. It makes no difference whether or not the firewall is
>> enabled or disabled. I have set the application to be a trusted one but to
>> no avail.
>

>> [Wed Dec 15 22:54:27 2004] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API
>> (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied.  : make_sock: unable to listen
>> for connections on address 127.0.0.1:8081
>> no listening sockets available, shutting down
>> Unable to open logs
>

>> [Wed Dec 15 22:54:27 2004] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API
>> (OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied.  : make_sock: unable to listen
>> for connections on address 127.0.0.1:8081
>> no listening sockets available, shutting down
>> Unable to open logs

I can't comment on the socket error, other than to ask whether you have a-

    127.0.0.1       localhost

entry in your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc file. I have Apache
running happily on an
XP box, albeit i'm using sp1 and the default port (80).

I can echo the point about  remote drives though. My user home
directories are mounted remotely
from a Linux server via Samba, and I got absolutely nowhere trying to
point Apache at a mounted
drive for source documents. The nasty thing is you get no errors, either
from the command line or
in the log, Apache (when run as a service) just exits silently, which
makes it less than obvious how
to diagnose the problem.

Regards; Colin