httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas J. Holmes Jr." <...@tomholmes.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Advertising
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:35:01 GMT
I completely apologize if this has been brought up before, but I did
"google" this and checked out the archives before I decided to ask.

I have a Win2K with Apache 2.0.52, Tomcat 5.29, JK2 (2.0.43) and it all
works great, PHP works, and JSP's and Servlets get served up fine with
Virtual Hosts.  Eventually this will be moved to Linux with MySQL as the
database.

I am running a non-profit site for my old Boy Scout Camp, it's an alumni
site for former camp staff.   Many of the old staff have their own
businesses or work for businesses and want to advertise their business
on this site.  Of course, we have other companies that would be willing
to pay the organization to post their ads on the site.   I know how
everyone hates sites with ads, but it would be a good fund-raiser for
our organization.

So, I don't even know where to start with this.   I imagine I am going
to get some text and some images to display.  I am thinking I might need
an Ad Server which I would put on the same machine as the Web-Server.
Some of the Ad Servers I have seen also need a database which is fine
also.   Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Thanks very much.

                                                     Tom