httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick <mfitz...@bu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] accessing directory without trailing "/"
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:55:36 GMT
Hi,

I am having trouble getting the proper configuration for accessing
directories without the trailing "/".
I have read and followed the FAQ, but it did not work.   I setup an
alias, but it did not work.  See below

The directory that I am trying to access is:
http://visant.bu.edu/statistics

When I try to access is http://visant.bu.edu/statistics,   the url
changes to:  http://biowulf.bu.edu/statistics/
"The requested URL /statistics/ was not found on this server."

If I add the trailing "/" to the end of statistics, it works fine.

The URL http://visant.bu.edu is setup as a Virtual Host:

 <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
    ServerAdmin xxxxx@bu.edu
    ServerAlias visant visant.bu.edu
    DocumentRoot /www/html/visant
    ErrorLog logs/visant-error_log
    CustomLog logs/visant-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

I have since added the following variations of  aliases (one at a time
and tested) entry, under Aliases, but not within the Virtual Host
container, restarted apache graceful, but I get the same error.

I have tried:

Alias /www/htm/visant/statistics  /www/html/visant/statistics/
Alias /www/html/visant/statistics /www/html/visant/statistics
Alias /www/html/visant/statistics/ /www/html/visant/statistics
Alias /www/html/visant/statistics/  /www/html/visant/statistics/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mary Ellen

--