httpd-users mailing list archives

From colin_e <coli...@bigfoot.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: users Digest 8 Dec 2004 18:48:07 -0000 Issue 1810
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:01:59 GMT
Warron,
	Sounds as if you may be using a file-type cgi configuration
on your development machine, instead of using ScriptAlias to define
a cgi directory.

Do you have something like the following in your devel httpd.conf
(either directly or included)-

<Files *.cgi>
  SetHandler cgi-script
  AllowOverride None
  Options ExecCGI
</Files>

(this may be Apache 1 syntax, haven't got to this bit with Apache 2
 myself yet!). If so you will need the same in production. Note the
security caveats on mixing executables with publicly-visible HTML
content.

Regards: Colin

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:09:29 -0500
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
From: "Warron French" <wfrench@xtria.com>
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] CGI scripts

Why would I need to do that if I didn't make any adjustments on my =
development server.  The ScriptAlias is:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"  but my development site's cgi =
scripts are not anywhere near that directory.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC