httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean T Allen <s...@usaherbals.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Index
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:38:16 GMT
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#directory
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html

should probably point you in the right direction.

you almost assuredly have an issue with not have the Indexes option on
for said directory...
OR...
a directory above it.

Make sure if you set Indexes for that directory that you have
AllowOveride on for parent directories
if they have Indexes turned off....

Jay H wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am new to this list and apache so forgive me if I don't make sense.
>I am running Apache 1.3.27 on a Netware 6 server I am having problems trying to display
pictures using the directory index option.

>In my hyperlink I have lets say /intranet/pictures/
>This should just show the pictures index since I have no index.html file in that pictures
folder but I receive a forbidden error. The weird thing is if I put this in my hyperlink (and
in the folder)  /intranet/pictures/index.html  the html page opens. If I didn't have permissions
to the folder then why does that html page open, so my question is why am I receiving that
forbidden error and how can I take advantage of indexing feature?