httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Holmes Jr." <...@tomholmes.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Free/Inexpensive Chat Server
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:23:04 GMT
Eric Ladner wrote:
> Does it have to be web based?

I'd prefer it to be.  I'd want the users to see who was on-line with
them and be able to chat with one or more.  Most of my users may not be
computer-literate, so I'd want something simple.  I imagine, this would
be somewhat Java-Applet based for the client.

I'm not in a rush for this, I'd just figure I do some research and see
what I could find.

There used to be a company called "iChat" and I implemented a web-based
Chat System using "iChat" for an old .com site called "PlanetDirect"
based in Andover.   So, I'd just thought I'd see if something like that
or better was around.

Thanks.

               Tom