httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sean T Allen <s...@usaherbals.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] internal error running cgi script
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:09:11 GMT
Does:

C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/script1.pl

exist on your machine?



Ben Kuang wrote:

>thnx Sean.  I changed the typo, and the script still doesnt work. 
>Furthermore, I looked into the logs dir and the error.log file, the
>last few lines in error.log are:
>
>[Fri Dec 03 14:50:00 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 3)The system
>cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't create child process:
>720003: script1.pl, referer: http://localhost/home.html
>[Fri Dec 03 14:50:00 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (OS 3)The system
>cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
>C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/script1.pl, referer:
>http://localhost/home.html
>[Fri Dec 03 14:50:00 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
>exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico
>[Fri Dec 03 14:50:02 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
>exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico
>[Fri Dec 03 14:50:02 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
>exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico
>
>thank you.
>
>
>On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:51:40 -0500, Sean T Allen <sean@usaherbals.com> wrote:
>  
>
>>1. Look in the error log for a description of the error.
>>2. save yourself alot of headache and use CGI.pm or similiar...
>>
>>in this case the error will be:
>>
>>print "</BODY>\n</HTML>\n;
>>
>>which should be:
>>
>>print "</BODY>\n</HTML>\n";
>>
>>try running perl -c MYSCRIPTNAME
>>
>>and it wouldve told you that the script cant compile.
>>
>>
>>
>>Ben Kuang wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>Hi everyone:
>>>
>>>I am learning cgi scripting and running apache locally.  I have a form
>>>in html that takes user input, and a cgi script in perl, to print on
>>>screen what the user has entered:
>>>
>>>Here is the html document, place in htdocs dir:
>>>
>>><html>
>>><body>
>>><b><font size=6>Test</font></b>
>>><hr>
>>>
>>><form method="post" action="../cgi-bin/script1.pl">
>>><textarea name="comment" rows=8 cols=68></textarea>
>>>
>>><br>
>>><input type=submit value="Send">
>>><input type=reset value="Reset">
>>></form>
>>>
>>></body>
>>></html>
>>>
>>>Here is my cgi script script1.pl, in perl, located in cgi-bin dir:
>>>
>>>#! /usr/bin/perl -w
>>>#script1.pl
>>>
>>>
>>>This is the error i get when I try to run the script:
>>>
>>>Internal Server Error
>>>
>>>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>>>unable to complete your request.
>>>
>>>Please contact the server administrator, bensdomain12@gmail.com and
>>>inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
>>>have done that may have caused the error.
>>>
>>>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>>>
>>>Can anyone please help me with this problem.  Thank you very much in advance.
>>>
>>>I am running apche in a windows environment, not *nix.
>>>
>>>Sincerely,
>>>
>>>Ben Kuang
>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>>>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>  
>


Mime
View raw message