httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marchand, Guillaume" <Guillaume.March...@logicacmg.com>
Subject [users@httpd] [Q]child process 642 did not exit, sending another SIGHUP??
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:42:26 GMT
Hi,

My environment :
- Sun Solaris
- Apache 1.3.27
- SiteMinder SSO WebAgent
- Logrotate

I use Logrotate to turn my logs with a stop/start of Apache HTTPD all night
:
postrotate
	/bin/kill -HUP `cat /opt/apache-sso/logs/httpd.pid 2>/dev/null`
2>/dev/null || true
endscript

But each night I've a problem, Apache HTTPD doesn't want to stop correctly.
It doesn't want to stop correctly, Messages of Error Logs is :
[Thu Dec 9 00:05:03 2004] [warn] child process 640 did not exit, sending
another SIGHUP

And some days it doesn't want to restart

I verify configuration of Apache and Logrotate, path of PID, all is OK

I don't know what's the problem.

Anyone have a solution of the beginning of a solution ?

Is it possible that the problem is due to SiteMinder WebAgent ?

Thank You for your Help

Guillaume Marchand

and inform the sender. Thank you.