httpd-users mailing list archives

From usene...@plc.mb.ca
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_deflate
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:58:19 GMT
Here's a bit of an update...

I recompiled zlib as a shared library - this fix the undefined symbols
issue. I can now run mod_deflate. But!

mod_deflate doesn't seem to be ignoring the file types I've specified as
exclusions. I've even tried this basic setup with no success:

<Location />
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
</Location>
  DeflateCompressionLevel 6

-----

Does it matter that these file attachments (zip files) are on a php forum?
Maybe they're encoded in the PHP data or something. I don't know - I'm
certainly no expert.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears!