httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jay H <...@dez-fam.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory Index
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:39:03 GMT
Hello all,

I am new to this list and apache so forgive me if I don't make sense.
I am running Apache 1.3.27 on a Netware 6 server I am having problems trying to display pictures
using the directory index option.

In my hyperlink I have lets say /intranet/pictures/
This should just show the pictures index since I have no index.html file in that pictures
folder but I receive a forbidden error. The weird thing is if I put this in my hyperlink (and
in the folder)  /intranet/pictures/index.html  the html page opens. If I didn't have permissions
to the folder then why does that html page open, so my question is why am I receiving that
forbidden error and how can I take advantage of indexing feature?

Hope this made some sense,
Thanks,
Jasy