httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Covington, Chris" <ccoving...@plusone.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: Reverse Proxy Help?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:26:48 GMT
Ola,

Yes you're correct about the IP address.  You need to test things out to
make sure they work; you'll never set everything up correctly without
any trial and error.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: O-One [mailto:ola_one@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 7:04 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: Reverse Proxy Help?

Thanks Chris,

I am just about to install the Exchange Server. So I am just being
proactive by planning ahead. However, I was lost on one of the entries
you just posted.

Remember that I said the Apache is on 10.10.1.20 and the Exchange is on
10.10.1.25

According to what you just wrote, you said:

"You need to change the httpd.conf configuration I gave you to use the
name or the IP address of the exchange server in the URLs like:

ProxyPass /exchange
https://olasexchangeserver.olasdomain.com/exchange
or
ProxyPass /exchange https://10.10.1.20/exchange"

In looking at the above, am I correct in saying that the IP address that
should be in the above statement is 10.10.1.25 since the first directive
was https://olasexchangeserver.olasdomain.com/exchange .

Please let me know if I am wrong on the IP above, and thank you very
much for all your help. I am about to install Certificate Authority on
my first Server.
Hopefully I do not need to buy any third party software to make it work.

Thanks

Ola

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/apache/