httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benny Sun <acidbre...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Has RewriteRule changed in functionality?
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:17:38 GMT
I am having issues with mod_rewrite's RewriteRule on both Apache
1.3.33 and 2.0.52.

According to an example at
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond), I
am supposed to be able to use:

===================
RewriteCond  %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  ^Mozilla.*
RewriteRule  ^/$                 /homepage.max.html  [L]

Instead, I have to use:

RewriteCond  %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  ^Mozilla.*
RewriteRule  ^$                 /homepage.max.html  [L]

...without the forward slash. Placing the first in my .htaccess file
gives a HTTP 500, and my error log complains of too many redirects. I
noticed this with all my other rules. Is this supposed to be?