httpd-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forbidden (403) error on FreeBSD install
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:22:03 GMT
You are correct, after reading this message, I
discovered the "find" command and searched for the
error_log file.  I found it at /usr/local/apache/logs.

It then occurred to me that a couple days earlier, I
attempted to install apache through the FreeBSD
"ports" distribution before I knew what I was doing.
I thought that it didn't work - guess I was wrong.

So now I have two installations of apache.  The one I
downloaded from apache.org is version 2.0.52.  The
ports version is 2.0.48.

I keep trying to uninstall the ports version, but when
I go to the ports directory and type "make deinstall"
it claims I haven't installed it.  So maybe the
install failed after all.

Being the complete Unix newbie that I am, I have no
idea how I might be able to clear this up.  Could
someone be kind enough to point me in the right
direction?