httpd-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Forbidden (403) error on FreeBSD install
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:42:49 GMT
I performed an install on a FreeBSD system following
the exact instructions on the apache site.  However,
whenever I hit the site URL, I get a 403 error.

Through searching the mailing list, the recommendation
was to check the error log, however, no error log is
printed out.

So, at this point, I was thinking it is a rights
issue.  I assigned rwx rights for all users on the
document home and log directory with still no luck.

I have very limited Unix skills so I apologize if this
is a Unix problem but I don't know where else to turn.
 Might anyone be able to offer some suggestions?

Regards,

JF