httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy <apa...@jeromio.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Character Display problems: single quote and apostrophe become
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:20:45 GMT
Sorry about the "Reply-To:" in there - subject went too long for my mailer.

Anyway, like I said, I tried many different charsets.

However! I did not check the default charset setting in the config. My understanding
was that it's overridden by the meta tag anyway. 90% of my pages are generated by an
editor that inserts the Content-Type tag with content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1".

Anyway, it was set to UTF-8. Which you somehow knew. See, I was confident someone
would know the answer.

Thank you!

 - Jeremy