httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zeeshan Maqbool <zeeshanh...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] process handling
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:57:06 GMT
hi

Current configuration which is working :

Apache - mod_lisp - Lisp process .

The web page doesnt have much to offer but just 3
frames and only 1 where one can enter a string and
press submit. The problem is when it loads 3 frames it
creates 3 processes on LISP side. When I interact with
the form it creates more processes and with time more
processes are created and none of them is killed. So
the questions are :

1) Does Apache create new process for EVERY request?
2) Apache has nothing to do with memory handling
(pretty sure about it, but still) ?
3) How does Perl handles multiple proccesses generated
by Apache. My view is as its a multi-threading
language as compared to Lisp (multi-processed) so its
easy for Perl to handle threads. And which ever thread
has no use(outdated) it can be killed easily (as they
have a common ancestor to keep track).

Zeeshan