httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Beard <j...@hewbert.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Multiple VirtualDocumentRoot locations
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:41:32 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to setup a dynamic vhost system that would look in multiple
locations for a DocumentRoot - trying each if the previous fails. For
example,

bah.domain.com

Would first check /usr/local/www/bah/
If it existed, it'd use that. If it didn't, it might check
/home/bah/www/

If none of the paths to check in contain %1, it'd simply 404. Currently,
I just have a path and symlink specific users' www directory into it.
This seems sloppy.

Here's what I have, basically:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    UseCanonicalName Off
    VirtualDocumentRoot /usr/local/www/%1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	UseCanonicalName Off
    VirtualDocumentRoot /home/%1/www
</VirtualHost>

It's not checking the second directive, only the first.  Any ideas? Is
this even possible?
--
Joshua Beard
"The best place to hide something is in open sight" - Unknown.

Fingerprint: C924 28B3 0322 6A17 858E  3219 91B7 1AA1 CF1E 6E3F
PGP Key: http://www.hewbert.com/pgp.asc