httpd-users mailing list archives

From O-One <ola_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache listening on :8081
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:32:09 GMT
Is using the Reverse Proxy as explained in the URL a function of using 1 machine for bothe
Apache and MS Exchange, or is this for having two separate machines?

Thanks again

"Covington, Chris" <ccovington@plusone.com> wrote:
O-One,

Reverse Proxy OWA and point port 80 to your Apache box. Here is a
how-to:

http://www.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/apache

Chris

________________________________

From: O-One [mailto:ola_one@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 10:54 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache listening on :8081

I have a situation where Microsoft Exchange 2003 is installed on one
Machine and OWA is coming out of port 80, while the other machine is an
Apache webserver. Unfortunately, I have a small DSL Router and one WAN
IP address. So my Exchange server will have Ports 25, 80, and 110 opened
at the minimum, so the two Machines cannot have both Port 80 opened to
the same router. At least that is what I think.

Am I correct?