httpd-users mailing list archives

From O-One <ola_...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd.conf file help...
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:15:17 GMT
Hello all,

I have created 2 websites that ran on Apache and 3 to 6 months later, I have lost both. I
am now wondering if the compromise is not coming from my configuration.

I need to know if Apache default installation is safe enough, and if not, what I need to tweak
to make it safe.

All I want is for people to browse my site. I have also used weblogs and I create Forum within
my weblog and also allow download. What I do within the weblog, have there own security tools,
but I need to know what directive I can use in httpd.conf file that will not allow anyone
to just take over my site or files. Am I thinking right or just paranoid.

Like I said, one of my sites ran for almost 9 months before crashing while the other was only
on for 2 moths. I am begining to wonder that it is the security aspect of Apache that I am
not getting right.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks