httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Huth" <mh...@coldswim.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Sample Httpd.conf
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 05:15:57 GMT
I'm struggling through my first setup of Apache 1.x.  I'm using Debian and
I've a working website up and running.

However, I'd like to restrict public access to only one directory, while
allowing private access to users only behind our firewalls.

I tried the following in the main directory section of httpd.conf:

#
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from 192.168.x.x
    Allow from our_internal_domain.com
    Allow from our_external_domain.com
    Deny from all
    </Directory>

But all one had to do was type a subdirectory name from a public server and
voosh....in they were.

I'd think that this should be easy, but even with copies of a couple of
books on Apache I don't seem to be able to access the magic incantations!
Could someone send me a sample snippet of httpd.conf which will allow me to
restrict access?

 http://public.xdi.org/=mark.m.huth