httpd-users mailing list archives

From O-One <ola_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache listening on :8081
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:54:19 GMT
I have a situation where Microsoft Exchange 2003 is installed on one Machine and OWA is coming
out of port 80, while the other machine is an Apache webserver. Unfortunately, I have a small
DSL Router and one WAN IP address. So my Exchange server will have Ports 25, 80, and 110 opened
at the minimum, so the two Machines cannot have both Port 80 opened to the same router. At
least that is what I think.

Am I correct?

Patrick Campbell <PCampbell@ourvacationstore.com> wrote:
It sounds more like he maybe trying to get around a firewall that blocks
incoming port 80. He doesn't want the end user to have to type in the port
number. There is no "Real" way around that. There's a lot of work arounds.
You could do web forward using ZoneEdit to forward www.yourdomain.com to
www2.yourdomain.com:8080. That is the best way to do it if you are heartset
on hosting from this place where Apache can't listen on 80. ZoneEdit is
free. ProxyPass could work depending on the situation, as could a number of
other things. He needs to explain more in detail why he can't run on port
80 and what else he has to work with.

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator