httpd-users mailing list archives

From Murthy Ambaru <bobby...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:33:42 GMT
I saw the files in the remote host server that maintains the files. There is no httpd.conf
file in the conf directory. Is there anyother place i can find it? I assume CGI wouldnt run
without this .conf file. But i observed a couple of CGI files running. I am not sure whats
going on. Can you help me with this issue. I am not clear about the server not having the
httpd.conf file.
 Also ScriptAlias directive poiting to cgi-bin directory in httpd.conf would mean that the
scripts in cgi-bin would be executed right?

Thanks,
Murthy

Ray Van Dolson <rayvd@digitalpath.net> wrote:
There is probably a ScriptAlias directive in your httpd.conf file pointing to
your cgi-bin directory that needs to be commented or removed.

Ray

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 14:02, Murthy Ambaru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does cgi-bin directory need to have a .htaccess file allowing the +ExecCGI option for
cgi scripts to run or is this only for directories other than cgi-bin? If cgi-bin does not
need to have a .htacess file and can run cgi scripts by default, how can this be turned off
(not execute by default...other than turning off permissions).