httpd-users mailing list archives

From GCotgre...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] Re: start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:03:22 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions.
I've tried them but am still greeted with -

[Wed Dec 15 22:54:27 2004] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2  API
(OS 10022)An invalid argument was supplied.  : make_sock: unable to  listen
for connections on address 127.0.0.1:8081
no listening sockets  available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

I do have McAfee security products installed  version 5.0.5.7 Firewall  and
4.4.00 virusscan. It makes no difference whether or not the firewall is
enabled or disabled. I have set the application to be a trusted one but to no  avail.
I have noticed other BBoards with problems between XP, McAfee and  Apache2
but seem to refer to much earlier versions of the firewall and are all  dated
around 2003. Is there STILL a latent problem here

Here's hoping for a solution!
GC

--------------------------------

ServerRoot should be set to "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
not  "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/" for one thing.
httpd.conf looks  good, i'm thinking there is another thing blocking
port 8080.  try using  another port, and make sure any firewalls are
off.  also, check for  spyware with a spyware scanner, something
unwanted like spyware or a virus  could be using that port.

Also, try putting listen to the windows wraparound address,  127.0.0.1
and set everything else from localhost to 127.0.0.1

The Disguised  Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com