httpd-users mailing list archives

From GCotgre...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:39:42 GMT

PHP is not enabled yet. I thought I'd just try and get apache to display a
home page first.
The tray icon is there but show  no services running.

Thanks for your suggestions, httpd.conf  attached.

GC.

disguised.jedi@gmail.com writes:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache -k start
>  [Thu Dec 09  02:18:47 2004] [error] (OS 2)The system cannot find the  file

> specified.  : No installed service named  "Apache2".

Is PHP enabled yet?  If so, do you have the PHP.ini  path configured
properly?  Send me your httpd.conf file, and I'll see  what I can do.

This looks like the path to php.ini is misconfigured,  since you have a
fresh install.  I experienced the same thing, and  that's what I did to
fix it.  Also, it looks as though apache may be  already running!
Check your system tray, and your task & services  managers.

--
The Disguised Jedi