httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Douglas <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] distributed architecture
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:29:05 GMT
eric.. something like the p2p...

basically, i envision a client app that allows the user to enter some information (doesn't
really matter what kind/format for now). i'd like the client app to be able to be incorporated
into a given website. this would allow users to be able to enter information in a given client/node
of the network. i'd then like the information that's entered in a given node, to then be able
to be visible to users who might be accessing a different website/node within the network...

at the master server level, the data could/would reside in master dbs, as well as local dbs
at the client website level..

the actual usage for this would be a few different ideas that i'm considering... as an example,
a local site might have certain data that it's users create/input. i'd like to allow the local
users to be able to see the data at the local site, and at the same time, have the data made
available for the rest of the network... i know i could just create a central site where everybody
went to insert/view the data, but this is not what i want... i need the distributed approach...

so for now, i'm just trying to get my hands around what the basic architectural (sp?) issues
would be.

the reason i'm looking at using apache, is that apache already has the ability handle requests
as the server, and if possible, i'd rather not rewrite/reinvent the wheel...

thanks

bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net