httpd-users mailing list archives

From ms...@freezone.co.uk
Subject [users@httpd] No AUTH_TYPE using Handler
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:31:25 GMT
My "handler" - handle.pl - doesn't get an AUTH_TYPE environment
variable, but my script - moin.cgi - requires it.

moin.cgi uses AUTH_TYPE & REMOTE_USER environment variables for user
authentication, which works great without a "handler". I use handle.pl
for some postprocessing on my site, with the "SetHandler /handle.pl"
directive. handle.pl in turn calls moin.cgi.

If I set authentication for handle.pl, the environment contains
AUTH_TYPE & REMOTE_USER variables - but this isn't practical since it
handles many resources which shouldn't require authentication.

Instead, I set authentication for moin.cgi. In this case, the
environment contains REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER, instead of REMOTE_USER. It's
simple enough to set REMOTE_USER to the value of REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER
in handle.pl, before calling moin.cgi, but the environment contains no
variable with the AUTH_TYPE. I don't know how to determine the
AUTH_TYPE (Basic, Negotiate, etc.) in handle.pl, in order to set the
AUTH_TYPE environment variable for moin.cgi.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jack