httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@hypermedia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows vs Linux Differences
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:51:19 GMT
Hi Gustavo;

Ok, that worked! Getting a 403 if I try and hit the site from an "illegal"
IP. Thanks!

The final hurdle for me now is to get the error document we have specified
in the .htaccess folder to show up for a 403. Right now I get a 403 error
when Apache tries to display it because it is in the directory I just
restricted access to. On the Linux server this did the trick:

#added so we are sure everyone can see the error.html file (even those not
allowed to see the site) ~ Luke
 <Directory "/usr/apache/apache_1.3.27/htdocs/bolt/public">
 Allow from all
 </Directory>

#added so everyone can see the image files for the error.html (even those
not allowed to see the site) ~ Luke
 <Directory "/usr/apache/apache_1.3.27/htdocs/bolt/public/images">
 Allow from all
 </Directory>

But on the Windows box it seems to ignore the above directory access lines.

BTW, thanks for the help all. I had no idea what I was doing when I got this
assignment, but thanks to this user group I'm almost done and it almost
looks like I know what I am doing :-)