httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Crocker" <dcroc...@eschertech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] What is test way to interface a C++ app with Apache?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:44:58 GMT
I am quoting a client for a web-based application and I will be recommending
Apache 2.0 as the web server. The code will be C++ generated by a code generator
(it can also generate Java, but it generates better C++). The platform will
probably be Windows, although my preference is to keep the solution
cross-platform as far as possible.

I have already demonstrated a pilot using Apache with the application built to
use the CGI interface. However, CGI will probably be too slow for the production
version (the program will be large and there will be a number of concurrent
users). So, what is the best way of interfacing a C++ program to Apache?

- FastCGI ?
- ISAPI ?
- something else?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.