httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luke Shannon" <lshan...@hypermedia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd question
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:31:23 GMT
Hey All;

Sorry to keep bringing up the windows vs linux question.

I have this in my httpd.conf file:

#Include /usr/tomcat404/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
JkWorkersFile "/usr/apache/apache_1.3.27/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/apache/apache_1.3.27/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

JkMount /  bob
JkMount /*  bob

Here is the workers.properties content (no idea why they named the worker
bob):

ps=/

worker.list=bob
worker.bob.port=8009
worker.bob.host=10.208.3.203
worker.bob.type=ajp13

In Linux everything gets sent to Tomcat EXCEPT a folder called public in the
htdocs directory? On windows everything goes to Tomcat, even if I deny
access for all to the htdocs folder? This don't work like I think they
should on either platform.

2 questions.
1. (maybe a ridulus question) Does Linux treat folders named public
differently than other folders?
2. Does windows follow the access rules in httpd.conf the same as Linux?

Thanks,

Luke