httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralf Glauberman" <rglauber...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Don't know if the configure options contradict
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:32:49 GMT
afair this will result in most modules beeing linked dynamically. but i'm
not sure if it will work, just give it a try ;-).
the difference between static and dynamic linking is the following:
statically linked modules will be part of the httpd executeable, everything
is in one single file. the linking is done at compiletime.
dynamic linking means that a single file is created for every module, a so
file in linux/unix or a dll in windows. when starting the httpd executeable
it will try to find the other files an load them. this way you can update
and/or add modules without having to rebuild the whole server.
ralf

----- Original Message -----
From: "Subramani, GnanaShekar (GE Healthcare, non-ge)"
<GnanaShekar.Subramani@med.ge.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:13 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Don't know if the configure options contradict

Hi,

I am given a list of configuration options using which we need to build
apache.  I want to know if the following two options contradict.

--enable-mods-shared=all
--enable-modules=all

I also don't know the meaning of linking modules statically.  Please help or
point to places where I could get more info.

Appreciate your time,
Thanks & Regards,
-GnanaShekar-