httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralf Glauberman" <rglauber...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument 403 and so doe'nt redirect properly
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:49:18 GMT
hi,
just one idea, but is it for sure that apache will be able to know which
vhost is active in an error-condition? i think it could be possible that
apache wants absolute pathes here because it isn't sure if it will always be
able to know the right vhost. correct me, if i'm wrong.
ralf

----- Original Message -----
From: Gare
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 5:49 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] ErrorDocument 403 and so doe'nt redirect properly

My problem is that ErrorDocument doesn't redirect to the page I've configure
in httpd.conf if I don't use a absolute URL.
My Apache server manage several virtual hosts, I have error page 404
redirect to /error/404.htm. That's in the main section of httpd.conf I
wrote:
ErrorDocument 400 /error/400.htm
ErrorDocument 401 /error/401.htm
ErrorDocument 402 /error/402.htm
ErrorDocument 403 /error/403.htm
ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.htm
ErrorDocument 500 /error/500.htm

Error 404 (page not faound) works right, but 403 or 500 go to defaul pages.
But if I put
ErrorDocument 403 http://mydomain.com/error/403.htm

then  page 403 is redirected to the correct page.

I've tried to write the ErrorDocument configuration sentences inside virtual
host directive, but the problem is the same.
(Apache 1.3.3)

Any idea of where is my mistake?